Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Intern: Day 14

This week on The Intern, part two.

So, it's looking like my Special Project is to actually propose Music Therapy to a school system currently not employing MT. In a world where contacts are everything, I have an amazing one who is also really interested in MT. Woah. Dream big. Actually, if this all works out, man, would that be amazing. I'd potentially have a job close to home in a place that I'm really familiar with. Keep this one in your prayers!

On a much smaller note, this weeks assignment: learning the Scooby Doo theme song. One of the many reasons I love my job.

Related to the last post: Man, have I seen a difference in my own way of thinking. I had always thought of "behaviors" as not much more than behavior. But when you stop thinking of behaviors as negative things to be gotten rid of and see them for what they are- communication, man, things make so much more sense. If you work with or know someone with Autism or Aspergers, I highly suggest hearing William Stillman if you ever get the chance. At least check out his website, http://www.williamstillman.com/ .

In non MT related news... Well, nothing much to report. Went to Bible Study Sunday evening. Really enjoyed that, looking forward to the next one. Have started watching the Office- why I didn't watch this before, I have no idea. And... new Big Bang Theory tonight. That is all.



No comments:

Post a Comment