Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Take the Plunge

Well, here we go! Yes, I have finally done it- I have a job as a Music Therapist! I'm actually getting paid to do therapy! No, it's not a lot during the summer, and yes, it currently requires a 2 hour drive every week because I'm still working part time in the office... but that's ok! I'm willing to do it! I'm working mostly with individuals with special needs with some nursing home work thrown in there on occasion.

I had my first sessions today. It was an OK day as far as first days go. Two clients I had not met last week when I was shadowing the girl I am taking over for. First meetings are always interesting- finding out likes, dislikes, goal areas, what works, what doesn't work, etc. My sessions at the nursing home were OK. The first was better than the second, but the activity level for one is much higher than the other. And it's been a LONG time since I've worked with geriatrics. Whew! So different than the kiddos I see! And, naturally, the client I was most nervous about went awesome.

So, now I have to find somewhere to live. And hope I don't have to choose between food and gas!

In other news... Well... That's most of my news right now. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment