Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Fond Farewell

Returning from the City of My Heart is always bittersweet. This time much more so than usual. I don't actually know when I will get to go back to Charleston. Charleston has truly become my home away from home, and occasionally more home than my real home.
Today was a day at odds with itself for me. While everyone was moving in, getting reunited, saying hello, I was saying goodbye. As my friends unpack boxes, I continue putting my things into them. I have just a few more weeks left before I move and I highly doubt I will make it back to Charleston before Christmas and even then it will be a quick trip.
But today I did gain a new perspective. I spent (hopefully not) my last Sunday at Summit. Jon gave a challenge to us to give our trials, our worries, our fear to God. And man, have I been afraid of this move. But I took that step of faith and gave it over. Whatever happens, may it be to the Glory of God. He holds my future and he is far greater than my plans.
May I no longer be afraid of what may come and what may happen. I am nervous, yes, but I'm sure David was a bit nervous when he faced Goliath, too. To be nervous is one thing, to be afraid is another. Mostly, I worry about my own sense of direction and my car exploding in the middle of the road. Too bad I can't do my internship in Amish country. Horses are much more reliable than the Neon.
And so I bid a fond farewell to Charleston. You hold some of my dearest memories, dearest friends, and always a place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment