Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Post-Christmas Update

Oh, it's been awhile since I've posted! Since the last post I have moved, had a meeting which hopefully result in a job, unpacked almost all of my belongings, come home for Christmas, and am now the unwilling owner of a lovely cold.

On my apartment: LOVE having my own space to watch what I want, eat what I want, etc. Even though I'm still eating dinner upstairs... That's ok. Homecooked food... what a burden I carry. Most of my things are unpacked and I'm starting to put things on the walls. Pictures are on the dresser, posters on the living room wall, lights plugged in, books on the shelves. It's a nice little place to have. Pictures to come once I have both internet and my camera in the same location.

On Christmas: Quite a lovely Christmas here at home. I got almost all grown-up gifts. And Beauty and the Beast. Because... come on. It's pretty much the best Disney movie of my childhood. Also received my own sewing machine. Now my creative juices can flow in a whole new way! Picked up some cross stitch sets to work on in the evenings when yarn isn't calling my name. Thinking of learning how to embroider here in the not to far off future. I'm telling you, I was born in the wrong century. I'd make an awesome housewife 60 some-odd years ago.

On Personal Triumph: This time last year, my pants were not fitting and I was having to go up a size. Those up-sized pants are now (literally) falling off, those pants that were too tight are now too big, and I've gone down another size since starting this weight loss thing in May. Slow and steady!

No comments:

Post a Comment