Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Musical Moments

The end of my internship is drawing near and I'm really enjoying this last month or so of sessions. The students are responding well and I'm comfortable enough to try new and more challenging things. I've been doing more improv activities and I'm learning to make up songs as I go- much sucess with the Clock Song and So-and-so ate Ms Julie. Today I had my additional session with my case study student and it's just so awesome to see the difference in him from the start of the year. He used to say maybe five "words" per session and now he's chattering the whole time, even singing with me! And he looks like a Fraggle, so the combination of enthusiasm and Fraggle is just too adorable. Downside of coming to the end is that I'm swamped with work. Researching and writing my case study, reading two books simultanesly and trying to spend enough time planning sessions to keep them interesting and new, and looking for that all important JOB. As my case study would say, Whew!

"Spring Break" is a week and a half away and I can't wait! I'm headed to Charleston before heading home and I cannot wait to see my friends!

In other news unrelated to anything else, I've lost a total of 35 pounds. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment