Thursday, January 5, 2012

ABC Gum and Ryan Reynolds

Well, we're one day away from another work week done. It has taken forever, and I didn't even work Monday!

Taught the 4 year old choir class last night. That was... an adventure. Man. Don't put high school kids in charge of 4 year olds. Just don't. It doesn't work well.

So, today, I was once again faced with one of my biggest frustrations. Now, as we go into this controversial section of the blog, let us remember, this is my opinion. Anywho, this frustration is with severely obese people not doing anything to help themselves. I'm not talking over weight, but so large you have to use a wheelchair (Does this confuse anyone else? You're too large to walk so instead of encouraging healthy habits like, I don't know, walking, we give you a chair to sit in. What?). I'm sympathetic to those with legitimate health problems that prevent mobility or that cause you to gain weight- thyroid issues, etc, but I do not sympathize with those who sit around on disability because they're too large to work and eat an incredibly poor diet. I know, I know, there are always two sides to every story, but as someone who has lost 50 lbs and has to work hard to maintain that weight, it frustrates me to no end to see people so unhealthy. It's not the weight, it's the poor health, I think, that frustrates me so. And yes, I have to remind myself everyday "food will not make you feel better!" whether that's looking to feel happier, or more complete, or more satisfied in life, or whatever. The Biggest Loser this season is themed around the phrase "No More Excuses". I like that. I like it a lot.

Gross moment of the day: Today there was a piece of ABC gum on a piece of paper just chillin' on the top of the copier. G.R.O.S.S. We finally deduced that, for whatever reason, someone had taken a number of papers out of the trash and had put them on the copier. Why? We don't know.

And we end the day with Ryan Reynolds in the cardio gym. Nothing like a good looking man to get me to run just that much faster. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment