Sunday, January 1, 2012

Here we go again...

So, here we go. New year, new start, blah blah blah. Well, I did decide that I am going to actually try to write in this blog a little more often this year. But I think I'll go back to my bloggy roots and not try to put pressure on myself to try to turn into one of those trendy Music Therapy bloggers. So, to kick us off, the year in review...

Actually, let's just sum up.

In 2011, I finished my internship, graduated college, moved back home, and now work as a secretary.

Yep, that's pretty much the whole year.

Ha. I feel like such a Debbie Downer.

Today is January 1st. I got to sing In Christ Alone at church this morning, which is one of my favorite songs and always takes me back to when I was on choir tour in Prague. We had sung in the Czech speaking service at the Baptist Church in Prague and heard this song being sung from somewhere. We went to find the source of the music and found the English speaking service- the one we were originally going to sing in but couldn't for some reason. Well, we found out pretty fast it was due to a total lack of space in the English service- there wasn't an extra inch of space in that room. And yet, when we opened the door, they wanted us to stay, offering us their own seats. There were people from all over the world- not just Prague, but Asian countries and African countries.

We should take a chapter from their book- they were filled to the brim and yet so willing to forgo their comfort for a stranger.


No comments:

Post a Comment