Saturday, May 8, 2010

Lucky Number Seven

So, today marked the seventh CSU graduation I have sat through, what with Jerry and his giant medallion and our favorite Pan Flute music. But today- today was different. Today I watched all these people I have known for four years, people I started CSU with walk across that stage. Bittersweet. I knew from the start today wouldn't be my graduation. That's the beauty of a five year degree program.But still.As I sat there in the rather chilly Coliseum, I thought back over the things I have learned since graduating High School...

1. I have learned the value of true friendship. Some people come and go without much impact on us. But true friends are there for the long haul. They put up with you in your worst times and still love you after. When you're lucky enough to find these kinds of friends, hold on and hold on tight.
2. Never overlook the little people. The most amazing people at CSU often go unnoticed. Secretaries, office people, Caf staff- make friends with these people. They will do anything for you. 
3. Not everyone is going to like me. And that's ok. Because, quite frankly, I probably don't like them either.
4. Don't think you have everything figured out- because you are wrong.
5. You are never too old for naps, coloring, or Disney movies.
6. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
7. Life is too short not to sing to your friends in the cafeteria.
8. Complements go way further than tearing someone down.
9. Going out of your way to make someone smile is always worth it.
10. God knows what He's doing. Just trust Him.

3 comments:

  1. I love this! And Disney movies in College are almost even better than watching them as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11. Life is too short not to own a pan flute : )

    I like it Steph. Good words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used my words!
    I think the Pan Flute should come to Italy. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete