Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween from The Intern

I guess I could just change the title of the Blog to "The Intern"... but then I'd have to change that picture up there and that's just too much hassle. At least for now.

Anywho, today is Halloween. How exciting. Not really. I'm certainly not doing anything and our house is so far off the road we don't get many kids Trick-or-Treating. Oh well.

My weekend thus far has included such exciting acts as... moving a fridge from the garage here at the rental to the garage in the new house, looking at appliances for the new house- including the ones that will be in my apartment, hitting my head on my cabinets in my apartment- not so enjoyable, watching Leap Year with Mrs K further solidifying the fact that I want so desperately to go to Ireland, watching Notting Hill, church this morning, and here I am. I think a Target trip is in my future. Not that I have money to spend. But it's something to do and somewhere other than my room to be. I'm looking forward to having all my stuff again. Then I can at least do some scrapbooking or other such crafty things will all this spare time I seem to have on the weekends. *sigh*

I finished and sent off my initial MT proposal this week, so that was exciting. And one less thing to have to worry about on my list of things to do as an intern. Yay me.

Hmm... what else. Thursday and Friday I was on my own this week- my supervisor was out of town at a GIM training thing. Friday went really well, Thursday was ok. Not bad, just ok. I've worked a lot more with the Friday kids than the Thursday kids. But in all, not bad. All good experience. I really hope I come through this internship ready for the real world! Sometimes it seems like I'm never going to get to that point. But we'll get there! One day at a time. =)

I really wish I could go take some pictures to get put up here. Fall in the mountains is so pretty! But I haven't met anyone who would be willing to keep me from falling off the side of the mountain in my pursuit of the perfect picture. Christie- when you and whoever's coming with you get here at Thanksgiving, you know what we're doing? Going into the mountains and taking pictures! Be prepared! Bring appropriate foot wear! And a jacket! Apparently it's cold here at Thanksgiving. What a concept. Speaking of cold- Friday's high was only 59. 59!!! What is that about!?

2 comments:

  1. I do love a good adventure!!! :)
    I'll bring my hiking boots and a nice warm coat & a scarf, of course. :)
    I also watched Notting Hill this week, twice actually. :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could always make you a new scarf! As I write that, I am reminded of the sheer number of scarves you have. Perhaps not.

    ReplyDelete