Monday, November 8, 2010

A Different Perspective

I work with lots of kids from lots of backgrounds and I see lots of different kinds of kids all week. And sometimes you meet a kid who just breaks your heart. I can't use names or locations or details or anything else, but this isn't about that. This is about me being every so thankful for the amazing family I grew up in with a happy childhood and not a care in the world. Which is how it should be when you're a kid. Take time and be thankful for what you've been given. And if you didn't have such a great childhood, be thankful you came through it. Learn from the past, change the future.
And on a totally different note, I often how I can think to complain about things like a headache or something so trivial when I work with so many kids who are medical miracles. Just a different perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment