Friday, November 5, 2010

The Intern: Day 40

I have completed eight weeks of my internship! Go me! Monday I (sorta) take on my own case load. I say sorta because I'm actually seeing everyone we see on Monday by myself. And Tuesday is a little funny as well, but that's ok. Today was a really good day. I've identified the student I'm going to be working with as a Case Study and I'm really looking forward to it. My case study in school was so different than this student and I think this will be more interesting and beneficial for me in the long run. Next week I'm tackling some journal article reviews. Easy-peasy. I've done so many of those I could do them in my sleep at this point. But, it must be done, so do them I shall.
Still not doing much to talk about on my weekends. It's a little difficult to meet people my own age. Even at church where I'm in Sunday School with my "peers", they all see each other more than once a week for an hour or so, unlike me. I do hope I can make a few connections with people. If not, well, I'm going to be watching a lot of movies and doing lots of craft projects. Such is life. But here's to hoping. =)
One thing that I really want to do but can't due to my lack of friends here is going out to take pictures. =( So much to photograph, no one to keep me from falling to my doom.
Well. 19 days until Thanksgiving break and with it come some of my very favorite people! And 50 days until Christmas, so 46 or so days before I get to go home for Christmas break. Huzzah.

No comments:

Post a Comment