Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Intern: A few things I've learned

1. I have learned that I seem to have a certain talent for understanding those with severe speech impediments. And those who have developed their own language of sorts.
2. Changing the strings on a classical guitar is way more of a pain than my acoustic.
3. Guitar strings make your hands smell like old pennies. Yuck.
4. Cold in VA is so completely different than cold in SC. 37 degrees just doesn't feel as cold here.
5. I still don't like eating sandwiches everyday.
6. Pretty much everything can be played in D or A. Few exceptions.
7. My car and I still have a love-hate relationship. That is, we love to hate each other.
8. Driving on some of the back roads in the mountains makes me feel car sick. And I'm the one driving.
9. I like having my own kitchen. Or at least one that I do the majority of the cooking in.
10. If it weren't for Skype and AIM, I probably wouldn't be able to make it through this whole thing.
11. Even though they're hours and miles away, I still have some of the best friends I could ever ask for.
12. Even though I will probably never find a church like Summit, it's good to be getting involved in one here.
13. Whoever invented decaf coffee should be shot.
14. I really miss the convenience of free gym use and evenings with the elliptical.
15. Yes, I can lose 20 pounds. And I have. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment