Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Intern aka The Future Housewife

So, not much going on this weekend, but I was feeling crafty this weekend. I've been working on a lap-sized afghan for some time now, and it's coming along nicely. I add on average one color stripe every day, which doesn't sound like much, but I'm really only working on it after dinner during Wheel and Jeopardy. Such a party animal I've become, I know. Anywho, I'm needing a bit of a break from it for a little while, so with the help of YouTube, I've mastered the Granny Square. Also, forget trying to decode crochet directions anymore... YouTube makes it SO much easier for those like me who need to SEE it being done. =) 
My very first Granny Square. This one has a round center.
Square Number Two- I did this one in twenty minutes flat. Super easy. Why have I not done these before?
The "LapGhan" if you will. Pretty straight forward ZigZag. I think I just now figured out how to make the ends look nice and neat... But hey, it's my first one of these, too. Oh, and if you look behind it, that's part of the T-shirt quilt I made this summer. 
I'm going through photography withdraw.

No comments:

Post a Comment