Friday, March 25, 2011

As Time Goes By

Well, it's trying to be Spring here in the mountains. It was warm for like a week, now we're calling for Winter-mix this weekend. Yuck. Ah well. At least I'm not battling inch thick pine pollen this year. My allergies are thankful. =)

This week started off not great. Tired, ready to be done, beyond ready to see friends from home, in need of a social life, all of these things coming together to take a toll mentally on me. Add on top of that some, admittedly needed, criticism from my intern supervisor, by Tuesday I was about to throw in the towel. Not on life, just on this week. No one call any hotlines, please. =) But after a few words of encouragement and a monologue to myself more or less summed up to "Suck it up, Steph", the week took a sharp turn around Wednesday. I suppose I'm starting to feel like I don't need supervision, I have been here 7 almost 8 months, but I so quickly forget I am still a student and I am most certainly not perfect. I can always improve. Oh, self awareness.

Graduation, the end of my internship, and then my board exams are all just around the corner. It seems like so recently I was sitting in my first class thinking about just how long it was going to be until the end was in sight. Now it's right in front of me and I just hope I'm ready.

Well, time for another session. Off to sing about a Purple Alligator. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment